Monday, April 03, 2006

Freddy, the Alpaca

Some quick notes:
-This is Freddy, the alpaca. He is one of my new neighbors along with a few goats, some pigs, a pony, a gaggle of geese and of course, chickens.
-I went for a hike yesterday to the river in Maquarie Fields (the town I'm staying at). It was nice to get out into nature again.
-I booked a youth hostel in Sydney to stay at for a few days, while I explore the city. It's pretty close to the opera house and on the edge of the botanical gardens which are supposed to be amazing. There are lots of free museums, so I'll need to make a priority list.
-The Sydney Royal Easter Show is starting this week. I'm thinking it's the equivelent of our state fair, only much bigger because it's housed in the 2000 Sydney Olympics park and also because they have an Alpaca fashion show, definitely not Indiana.

More to come soon!
-Matt