Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Back in US of A

From LAX airport:
I think the biggest surprise in my journey so far was coming back to the US. It actually felt foreign, for about a minute. It was strange to be surrounded by a "mostly" familiar accent again. Don't let me forget to mention switching from Australian to American airlines. No more offers such as: "Would you like complimentary organic chamomile tea or Cadbury's hot cocoa with marshmallow?", but instead "$5 for a bag of trail mix". The airport didn't help me acclimate either, Los Angeles International is a poorly designed facility. I miss Australia, but I know LA isn't the best summary of what the US has to offer. I think I just miss Bloomington.

I have trouble sleeping on airplanes and there for haven't slept in about 20 hours. Needless to say I'll be glad to finally get home and catch up on some sleep. In closing: international airtravel (unless I can ever afford 1st class) isn't the most fun, but I guess it's part of the journey. Why should traveling be overly luxurious anyways? Where is the adventure in that? When I finally arrived at my 1st semi perminant destination in Australia, I was so relieved. I feel much the same going back home. This temporary strain will make me really appreciate my freshly made bed and three course meal one associates with homecomings. Well, mom better have anyways.

See you all very, very soon
-Matt